Sunday 8 May 2011

Whiff of Joy and Little Claire's Challenge cards

Hi there and welcome to another sunny Sunday!

Oh wow... the weather's been so lovely the past weeks, though I have to say I wish it would rain some days so all the trees, plants and flowers get some water from our mother, Mother Nature :)

Today I'd like to show you 2 cards I made for some challenges.

First of all I got a card made with a cute Whiff of Joy image. I so love their images, specially the ones designed by Elisabeth Bell :)
About 2 weeks ago I discovered an online craftshop in the city I live in and surprise, surprise, they also have a real craftshop, so was very surprised about that one, specially as they carry Whiff of Joy images *huuuuuuuuuge smile here!* And as that shop is situated almost besides a hospital I drive by every day from work...whoowhoo... well.. you know what I mean ;)
So I bought this stamp with another WoJ one, some papers and some more little stuff. Didn't buy that much as they, to be honest, don't carry the things I really, really enjoy to play with, but who knows what the future will bring :)
I came across the WoJ challengeblog today and wanted to play along. And as it was way too hot this afternoon to enjoy the sun at my balcony, I decided to play along.

So here you have my first card:


And a detailphoto where you can see the bling on the butterflies:


This card is playing in the following challenges:
- Whiff of Joy: Sketch
- Scrapdelight: Inspired by photo (I was inspired by the colors and with all the things on the picture you can make something, and I think that when you dream, you can do anything you want!)

And right now it's time to show you a card I made with a stamp I bought last September at a stamping and scrapbooking show in London, UK!!
Never ever heard of this company, Little Claire's, before, but wow... they have some lovely stamps out there and I bought several of them in London, but.... never used them till now that is! :)
Wanted to play along with their last challenge, but for some reason I just forgot, but now it's time to take part.
Made it a Christmascard as I don't wanna hurry the last months of this year making them.

So here you have my card:


And here some detailphotos where you can see the glitter I put on the snow I also put on the card:


And what's a roof without any snow when it snowed??!! So here you have it:


This card is playing in the following challenges:
- Little Claire's: Sketch
- Jingle Belles: Spirit of Christmas past
- Crafty Hazelnut: Inspired by photo (see their blog, I was inspired by the stocking which are at the chimney, and SantaClaus who brings the presents through the chimney)
- Winter Wonderland: Christmas colors

Thank you very much for coming over!

Enjoy your evening and see you later! :)


14 comments:

Riet said...

Wat een schitterende kaarten Angelique.

Liefs Riet.

SmilynStef said...

Love that gorgeous glittery snow ... and what a wonderful holiday image ... thanks for going vintage with us at jingle belles.

Hazel said...

Lovely cards - I like the Little Claire stamp on the Christmas card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 18 - hope to see you again soon. x

Hazel said...

sorry, that should have been my CHNC challenge 19, of course! x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Angelique, love your gorgeous christmas card, fab colouring and great snow effect. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x

m@deliefjuh said...

heel erg mooi gemaakt! super!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow i ♥LOVE♥ that fabulous christmas stamp...and you've colored it sooooo very beautifully, plus i adore the dimensional sparkleeeee snow! awesome! we're so pleased you've played along with us at JINGLE BELLES this week! :)

Louise said...

Hi Angelique :)

What a beautiful card you have made with this supercute Willow image :)
Stunning colouring and the perfectly matching dp´s are gorgoues :)

Stunning take on Jane´s sketch :)
Thank you so much for playing along with us at WOJ Challenges :)
Welcome back!
Hugs

Marianne's Craftroom said...

2 beautiful cards. I am also a big fan of Elisabeth Bell and WOJ. Also love Little Claire and this is a lovely Christmas card. Thanks fo playing at WW this week. Marianne x Please turn off word verification. Thanks

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful cards!I love the details on the pink one and the snow and coloring on the second one!
Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining the Whiff of Joy challenge!!
~Chris

Giò said...

Both fabulous card!! Lovely Pink look for the Woj card!!!! Thanks a lot for joining us at WOJ challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Unknown said...

Super card Thank you for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

Deborah Frings said...

Great cards. I love your take on vintage Christmas! Those houses are so sweet and I love the dimensional snow; sparkle too!! Great job!!

Lorraine said...

Two beauties taking us from season to season. Wonderfully done.

Post a Comment